April 1, 2010

My 1950's Sewing Room

Court came up to Longmeadow this past week and while we had a number of sewing projects in mind, we ended up with an impromptu makeover of my sewing room.  I had toyed with repainting it but never really made it a priority until Court said she'd do it...okay...not going to pass that up!   I went with all white because I wanted the room to do the talking and not the walls.  I love walking in and seeing the stacks of vibrant fabrics and the multiple spools of gorgeous threads.  I wanted those things to be the focus of the room.  And are they ever!

Well....then I got greedy with my makeover.  I took it one step forward and whipped up curtains with Amy Butler's Bliss Bouquet in Turquoise.  Oh.My.Gosh.  My little 1950's cottage has come to life in my sewing room complete with Paint By Numbers.  Now if I could just figure out a way to serve a meal on my Pyrex Flamingo Pink dishes in there, I'd be all set!




4 comments:

Allison said...

Adorable! Now I know why I didn't see anybody all week!

Colleen said...

It looks great! You girls are so talented...and work fast!!

Molly Hammond said...

i love how the curtains look with the paint-by-numbers! very cute.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I love that fabric!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com