December 3, 2010

"These are a few of my favorite (Christmas) things..."

1.  Need a unique, simple & fun Christmas card!?  Check out WestWillowDesigns on Etsy!  Sonya has designed our Christmas cards for the past 2 years.  She's fantastic (and super quick!).  She will print them out & ship them to you OR you can print them out on your own!  Here are a few of my favorites:







2.  Most of the time, our Christmas cards end up in a pile on the counter (sorry friends!).  Here are some ideas to avoid this!  I love this Christmas card tree display from Ballard Designs:


Pottery Barn Kids also has wire card holders in the shape of a star and a snowflake! And if you want a DIY card display, check out these ideas from ohdeedoh!

3.  After you are done displaying those cards, use this tag whole punch to make next year's gift tags out of last year's Christmas cards!  Thanks to Mimi and Courtenay for this idea!


4.  When we were little, we used to make so much fun of  my mom's vintage Christmas tree ornaments.   But, as always, Mimi was ahead of the trend.  You can find vintage ornaments for sale all over Etsy and Ebay these days.  I'm on the look out for my own stash, so I can make one of these wreaths!



Or, you can make a beautiful Christmas Tree to display, like this one from Full of Great Ideas!



5. "Ho Ho Ho" blocks from Frou Frou Decor.  This is Flannery's most recent Christmas purchase!




6.  "It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture."




Elf is on Broadway!  I think a trip to NYC is in order - I LOVE this movie!  It runs until January 2nd, so if you're in the area, go see it!

"I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."

7. Target has the most adorable Trumpettetoo Christmas socks & tights for babies and toddlers!  I love this brand of socks for my baby boy because they are the only ones that stay on!   My favorites are  the Mary Jane socks for little girls. :)







Alright people!  Happy gifting!!  And let us know what else you find unique this Christmas holiday.

No comments: