February 21, 2011

How to clean your iron!

Look at how tired & sad my iron looks...



My iron was in desperate need of a good cleaning and I couldn't find the Rowenta brand cleaner to clean it. I didn't want to discolor any of our beautiful new fabric, so I searched the net and found a way to make your own cleaning solution! Works for me!

Here's what you do:

-Unplug iron (iron must be cold). 
-Dissolve salt in warm vinegar. 
-Wipe with a rag dipped in vinegar solution until stains disappear. 
-Wipe with a clean cloth and fresh water. Don't use a scouring pad!


Refreshed & happy iron, ready for SPRING...



I plan on doing this once a week - it worked perfectly! P.S. Do you love my City Chic Country Mouse ironing board cover or what!? Who knew ironing could be so fun!?

5 comments:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Will this work???? I am going to try this today! My iron is looking horrible, and the cleaning kit I purchased did not work at all. Thanks for posting.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Flannery @ Three Sisterz said...

Kimberlee--It should! Let us know if it works for you. THanks for commenting!

cleverlyinspired said...

Must go clean my iron now! Great formula!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I totally need to do this! Thanks for sharing and for the sweet mention of our shop! Happy Ironing :)

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

I had no idea - thanks for sharing!