June 18, 2011

Craft Challenge: Watermelon-themed Pillow

So we've made bloggity-blog-blog-blog friends with another set of sisters! The Wayward Girls! The thing I love about blogland, and you'll read other blogger's comments on this, is that you make penpals, almost. You connect with other bloggers, talk about blogging, crafting, sewing, whatever. I personally don't have a lot of friends who craft, sew or blog. Luckily I have my sisters to enjoy that with, but it's also nice to make friends who do it, too. (Come on, everybody's doin' it....)

Anyhoo, our new friends the Wayward Girls decided to give us a creative CHALLENGE. They gave us a theme and all three of us had to come up with a project reflective of that theme and then blog it.

Our theme?! WATERMELON. Perfect for summer!

My project came to me almost immediately.

Uh, obviously I'd do a pillow! My obsession with pillows runs far and wide.

Except for this pillow, I did red and white stripes with a black button.
No green, I know, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't shake the idea.

The problem I had with this mission was finding the exact fabric I wanted. See, I knew I wanted pretty wide stripes--3 inches or more. But I couldn't find the fabric at my usual haunts. Enter: Online Fabric Store. I knew I could count on them to have the right stuff.




This fabric is screen printed, not the sailcloth-type that I originally wanted. So it was pretty hard to get ironed flat. I'm still workin' on it.
I did a pretty good job lining up the stripes, though, non?


Okay, so that's my WATERMELON project, Wayward Girls. What do you think? Does it remind you of a watermelon?!


Next up........Mols! Look for her fabulous project tomorrow!

6 comments:

Jordan McCollum said...

I totally see it! Very cute!

Thank you so much for making this so fun!!

Maggie Massey said...

So fantastic! Love it!

Just Jaime said...

Great idea. It's so fun to see what direction everyone takes a challenge. Thank you so much for accepting our challenge!

Moquelish said...

Looks really cute! Nice job.

Chef in Training said...

I love this pillow! it is so cute! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

ShannonSews said...

Very cute pillow! I have a pillow obsession myself so I totally get that. Love it with the red stripes and black button.