October 20, 2011

::Eye Candy::

I love this quilt. I have several vintage quilts but this one is my favorite.
I actually use it because I love it so much.
I never get tired of looking at the fabric prints, the stitches,
and the colors.

I like to think about the woman who made it.
Was she a mother like me?
Where did she get the fabric?

How long did it take her to make it?




Who did she make it for?
Who used it?


Did she snuggle under it with
her family like I do?


I love this red with
the charcoal gray dotted lines.

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't use this old quilt,
that I should preserve it instead.


But it makes me very happy.


Even happier than
snuggling under a quilt
that I've made!





Gorgeous!



1 comment:

LaurieStar said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the blue and red one you made too! Too bad you don't sell any on your Etsy shop! Gorgeous.