November 21, 2011

::Though Shall Covet Hexagons::

I've caught the hexagon bug.
I've started seeing them
on several sewing blogs
and of course you remember my vintage hexagon quilt...

I found a video of how to make them
via Melanie @ Texas Freckles
I bought needles and thread,
printed out this template

And made tons of squares with my Acuquilt.
Now I just need some time to make them.
My friend Maura wondered how long it would take
for me to make an entire quilt,
but I don't think
that's gonna happen.
I'm going to make them
to applique dresses and
baby onesies and girls shirts.

Are you looking to try them? Take a look at the video
and then order this starter kit from Sew Sara on Etsy.


And while there's tons of hexies in the sewing world....
They've also become popular elsewhere.
Take a peak at what I found.

How fun~ a twist on plain old hoop earrings.

Large Hexagon Quilt

Hexagon necklace

The most precious little zipper pouch ever!

Sweet tote bag

A lovely pillow by

A darling, girly pillow

A wine cork trivet



This table topper is beyond cute.

I need one of these honeycomb shelves.
Check out the tutorial for how to make
them on Arrow & Apple.

Not sure what I love more...
this gorgeous lamp or its name~ the Beehouse Lamp

Oh my, do I love these honeycomb hexagon vases
from West Elm.

Happy Monday!

xo Courtenay

No comments: