December 14, 2010

Finds: Bedroom Makeover

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately that are inspiring me to tackle some re-decorating around the house.  Am I the only one who likes to change it up every once in awhile?  First project up to bat: our master bedroom.  I love my master bedroom but our bedding is a quilt and well, it's 9 degrees out there.  Time for the down comforter....but...I'm without a duvet.  
So it's prompting a little re-thinking of my room.  

Here is my inspiration room from Miss Mustard Seed.  If you haven't read her blog already, go now.  Okay, wait until you read this post then go.  LOVE her stuff.   This is her guest room, but I love the palate: the creamy walls and comforter with pops of color from the pillows and the dark furniture and picture frames.  It is so peaceful but yet classic, isn't it?  I like to think my style is classic.


Another angle.  I like the pops of red and green.  
Those are my two favorite colors and you'll find them throughout my house.


I love the trend in feed and grain sack pillows.  Etsy has a number of them, as well as Pottery Barn.  Check out this cool one that you can have monogrammed.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/61608175/provence-monogrammed-grain-sack-pillow
Or this one to commemorate your anniversary.   I like that notion since this is the master bedroom.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62309598/remember-the-day-burlap-feed-sack-pillow

I am loving this feedsack pillow.  So retro with the perfect pop of red that I want.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/63938173/feed-sack-pillow-cover-coral-blue

I have been struggling for a long time over what duvet to buy.  There are a ton of beautiful duvets on Pottery Barn but none that I could picture in my room with my stuff.  But I did stumble across this one that is classic and gives me that creamy, neutral palatte with which to work.

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/cameron-organic-matelasse-duvet-cover-sham-natural

And the ba-da-bing?  My mom is giving me her Stickley four poster bed from her master bedroom.   I should have it this spring.  It deserves a beautiful room, doesn't it?  I think I might just hang on it every day.  Seriously.  Drink my coffee, read my Country Living.......peace.


I'll be sure to let you know what I decide.  What are your inspirations for your bedrooms?


2 comments:

cleverlyinspired said...

I love that blog too! Just redid our master too...love the Simply White by Ben Moore (potterybarn color)....so serene! And I too LOVE country living...favorite magazine. I steal so many ideas from them!!!!!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Thanks so much for the kind words and feature. :) I definitely like the change things up every once in a while. You'll definitely have to share your decisions!