I followed the quilt top pattern for this doll quilt. This was a nice simple, quick quilt top to cut and piece together. I would say that 80% of my corners lined up with just a few here and there off by a smidge. (I am def looking forward to perfecting this.)
In the interest of time (the 25th is fast approaching!), I did NOT learn/teach myself quilt binding though that is now inching towards the top of my long to do list. I finished the quilt by stacking up the quilt top, batting and backing and then stitching 3/4s of the way closed. Turned it inside out and then did a basting stitch around the perimeter.
For some more visual interest, I added another basting stitch around the perimeter of the pieced squares. I like it because it gives some depth and also some durability.
I chose Cath Kidston remnants from the duvet cover Mimi made me awhile back. I didn't have batting and Jo-Ann's is 30 minutes away, but I did have some very heavy interfacing which I adhered to the back of the quilt top. The back of the quilt is a very pretty Michael Miller.
Ruthie is sleeping so much easier with her new quilt. Santa took a quick pic while the girls were at school.
The top and the back together. I really love how it turned out.
I really am quite proud to begin a journey in a long line of master quilters (Nana, Gram, Mimi, Aunt Theresa, Court, Mary). I've caught the bug peeps!