April 22, 2011

Homemade Easter Eggs




Mimi's Easter Eggs
WARNING: Mimi's Easter Eggs are extremely rich and decadent.





Meant to be devoured & shared with others.  









Milk is also recommended.










Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 (yes, SIX) cups sifted confectioners sugar
8 squares semi-sweet chocolate



Directions
Cream butter, salt & vanilla. Blend in milk until smooth. Add sugar, blending after each addition until mixture becomes smooth, but not sticky. Mold into egg shapes. Place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill several hours. Dip in melted chocolate and let harden in fridge.  




ENJOY...and Happy Easter!


3 comments:

Jen @ Jen Spends said...

I am so excited to try this recipe! I'm almost certain this is what my Godmother used to make for me every Easter when I was little. I've been wanting the recipe, but didn't know where to look.

Flannery @ Three Sisterz said...

Jen, they are insanely good!!!! Let us know if you try them!

Kristina Clemens said...

Now THESE are the kind of Easter eggs I'm interested in sinking my teeth into! How positively scrumptious looking! =)
Kristina J.