June 9, 2011

My Very First Photography Class

I am so psyched!  I took my first photography class last night. I feel so excited but soooo overwhelmed all at the same time.  There is so much to learn!!

Here are some of my shots from last night.  The first thing we learned is all about aperture and shutter speed.  Of course, my brain does not process these concepts very well so it's taking me a lot of concentration to really understand how they work together.  
Still, I can't believe how you can use your camera to get such great shots and allow more light in your shot.

These two photos were taken at dusk--seriously!  
And I didn't Photoshop or Picasa them at all!



The next few photos are my 'assignment.'  COLOR.
All of these were taken at night, in the hallways of our building.  What do you think?  What is your favorite?  I think mine might be the hose shot.












Do you think I've got a shot at a new career?!  

2 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

fun! YOu have a fabulous eye for photography! I think I prefer the coloured pencils shot! super pretty and for certain the definition of "color" :)

Maggie Massey said...

Oh, Flannery! Are you sure you're TAKING the class & not TEACHING it??? Your photos are AWESOME! Me...jealous. I love the pencil shot, too...wonderful work!