June 8, 2011

The things that brighten my day.

It's been a long few months for me.  I won't lie.  I try not to complain and always have a sunny attitude, but I'll tell you.  Today, I woke up on the not-so-sunny side.  Because of our move and my husband's job, it's been me and the three girls (NO SCHOOL) for the last four months.  At first, it was great.  We slept together every night (don't judge), we had movie night every night; we had a blast.  But now, I am spent, totally tapped out.  I think I may have hit rock bottom this morning while I was sewing the quilt on which I'm working and realized that I wound my bobbin incorrectly.  

But now, I'm feeling okay.  I got an email from my husband telling me to be at the spa at 9:30 on Sunday morning and to expect a long morning (yippee!) AND.........................

the girls and I 
saw
THESE.


And I swear to you, all was right in my world.


It didn't matter that all three girls got up at 5:30 this morning.


Peonies can totally solve my world's problems.


They even distract me from last night's dinner, this morning's breakfast and this afternoons dishes.
All.piled.up.
But who cares?  Cuz look at these peonies.
And for the record, they are my favorite flower.
EVER.
HANDS DOWN.

No comments: