June 29, 2011

Scenes From My Run

To be totally honest... i walked a bit

but i was pushing an almost 4-year old
in a stroller
and it's a hilly course...

I had to get out of the house for a little
peace and quiet

and a break from listening to my daughters argue
and whine about being bored.

Does anyone else have children that do that?
oy.

Here's some pictures of my 4 mile loop.
It always manages to calm me
and clear my head.

I love where we live... close to Philadelphia
and small towns west of it
and just a half mile down the road
are acres and acres of beautiful land
with horses
and old homes
and split rail fences.

I find inspiration in the smallest of things.
Like the moss that grows on the base of this tree.


endless miles of country roads



old red barns






little cottages
with little cottage gardens



old stone houses tucked back in the woods



green pastures preserved by
conservation trusts

stone walls

an old stone wall with ferns growing
out of it
that surrounds an estate with
several homes on it

an old school house that
is now a private home

an old tree that
dates back to
1704

a pretty yellow house
with a white picket fence

to come home to



2 comments:

Amy @ TheMombot.com said...

Pretty pictures! It's so lovely there. I just love the countryside. Must make for a nice walk! Here in Southern California, I just breathe lots of exhaust and look at endless rows of houses on my walks!! :)

Three Sisterz said...

Thanks Amy!