December 6, 2011

::Thou Shall Covet: BURLAP!::

Hello everyone! This is my sheepish re-entry into the blogging hemisphere. After a fall of overwhelming, time (and emotionally) intensive events in my personal life, it is back to the creative life. I hope, anyway! I'm tip toeing my way back, one tippy toe at a time. ;>)


So with that said, Molly's placemats have our creative minds spinning: Burlap. Burlap. Burlap. It's everywhere. Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Ballard Designs, Etsy, Blogging Tutes. It's versatile, it's stylish, it's vintage and modern all at the same time. It's a wonderful neutral to build a room around. So here are some finds for you. And if you have some burlap tutes that you consider a *must* please let us know in the comments. Who knows, maybe a burlap linky party is in our future?





There are tons of burlap wreath tutorials out there.  I like the simplicity of this ruffle.  You could add different adornments for different holidays & seasons!


I love, love, love this!  Especially because with a little creativity, you could make your own!



I adore these baskets from Pottery Barn.  What's more to say?  They are a perfect stylish neutral way to store, don't you agree?



There are *tons* of burlap lampshades out there for table lamps and what not.  Look on Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs or google for an easy tutorial on how to do it yourself. Want something a little different, though? Here is Restoration Hardware's pendant lamp--wouldn't that be awesome in your house?  



It is the holidays--go crazy with burlap stockings, pillows....AND a ruffled tree skirt?!  This would be perfect for my beachcottagethatsinmyhead house.  



Must.have.this.now.  It would be perfect on the sweet child-sized bench on my front step.  Visitors would be lost no more!  But seriously, I thought it was a really creative take on all of the burlap pillows out there.  And there are a ton.  Clearly for a reason--'cause they are so darn cute!



This is way cuter than a regular old bulletin board.  And oh my gosh, picture your Christmas cards up there!  



Wow.  So my obsession for the newly remodeled kitchen in my head used to be school house lamps above my butcher block island.  And now it is this.  Ballard just does this stuff so well, don't they?  *LOVE* this pendant lamp with the burlap shade.  It's much more conservative then the RH dome lamp up top, but still so fun.  I will have it, I will.

And because we love our sponsor, the Online Fabric Store, I have to share that burlap is as  low as $.96/yard over there! 

So thanks for playing folks.  And thanks MollyandCourtenay loyal blog readers for letting me come back to blog!  Amidst all of the craziness of family life, I missed my creative outlet and I missed playing my sisters.



Photobucket

No comments: