January 2, 2010

New Year 2010

The New Year is here! Time for new beginnings, new resolutions, new projects. What are you getting started on? Yes, it is quite ridiculous that stores have stocked their shelves with Valentines and shamrocks right next to the clearance Christmas items. Even though I roll my eyes at the sight of those knickknacks and moneywasters, I still deep down get excited that the winter holidays are O-V-E-R and bring on spring and more daylight. Yes, my coldest, snowiest days are ahead of me, with snowboots, chapped lips, and soggy mittens, but those abnormally early decorations keep me sane. Like a carrot dangling in front of me they remind me that spring is coming and summer is right behind it. These thoughts keep me going on those afternoons when the girls get off the bus and shortly after it is D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K, DARK, DARK, DARK!

My mind is racing with new color combinations and projects. Think pinkalicious pink, kelly green, soft yellow, hearts, shamrocks, flowers, grosgrain ribbon, ricrac. All the darling, sparkly little things that girls love. And yet, I sit here in my cozy chair in front of the fire, my littlest one snoozing in my arms, my big girls playing with their new Wii, enjoying a cocktail with my husband. Maybe I'm not quite ready for Winter to be over. Maybe a little more Winter will do me good. Appreciate Little Miss Spring even more when she gets here. But when she does... I will be ready!

No comments: