June 13, 2011

::RECIPE:: Mame's Cheesy Potatoes


Years ago when I was in college, my roommate Ann's parents came to visit. And like any good parent-of-a-college-student, her mom made us dinner. I have no recollection of the entire menu but I have never forgotton the CHEESY POTATOES. I've craved those stinkin' potatoes ever since, never quite able to find a comparable recipe. Fast forward 14 years (Oh.Em.Gee. we are that old?!) and I am once again living in the same city as dear old Ann and her mother's cheesy potatoes. So after some notsosubtle stalking, I got the recipe this weekend.

And I am good blogger friend to you, readers, so I am sharing.

Mame's Cheesy Potatoes


1 package Southern Style frozen hash browns (potatoes in a cubed form have never tasted so delectable)
1/2 cup butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup LIGHT sour cream (we're watching our figures here, peeps)
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped red onion

Melt butter in large pan and saute onion until cooked. Combine all ingredients. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly and melted and yummy.


Oh and because I am a total non-food snob, lunch today was slices of farmers market tomato with a scoop 'o cheesy potatoes on top. Seriously good. (Side note: Ann prefers them the next day.)


No comments: