June 1, 2012

::Fabric on Friday::


Be still my heart.  Oh to have been at Quilt Market last week.  To be in one place where all my favorite designers are introducing their new fabric lines. <sigh> Maybe one day.  But until them I will live vicariously through all the bloggers who posted about their experiences.

One collection that was introduced at Market is by Sarah Jane and she has done it again.  Her Out to Sea line of fabric is adorbs!  One thing the three of us love is the sea and these fabrics just calls to us. I can just imagine a nursery or toddler's room decked out in these nautical fabrics.  I love the whimsical and classic qualities and the simplicity of the illustrations.  They are engaging and lovable and preppy.  As Sarah says, "So this collection really has a good mix of larger scale fabrics, and small….which is my way of encouraging lots and lots of variations in project making."  I love her thoughtfulness in mixing the scale of prints.  She is creative and I never tire of her work.


Ahoy There
Pirates, anchors, stripes, and narwhals
make for a delightful collection.


Deep Sea Jewel
Navy and pink,
octopuses and pink sailing ships
and girl pirates~ Yes, please!


 Morning Coral
a classic map illustration paired
with a chevron pattern puts a spin
on the traditional.

Do you love these or what?
Please, please please go visit her blog.  Go check out her 
booth at Market that was inspired by... Cape Cod!!
I'd like to move into her booth that is built with her old beat up fence
and snuggle up with one of the quilts and pillows and stare at the sail boat.
Go check out all the wonderful items made with her fabrics
and let us know what you think!

Photobucket
                                 

1 comment:

Flannery @ Three Sisterz said...

OMG-I love the pink Out to Sea. I want to Ginger's room this way!!